Thursday, October 10, 2013

Narrowing Down The Schools.

So for the past hour I've been working on this Excel sheet of the list of colleges I have been considering. The list actually helped a LOT. As I was filling it out, I began to realize which schools didn't really sound as good as I thought. And today, I finally considered the majors that I would want to pursue and I realized that some of the colleges on my list didn't even offer some of the majors that I wanted. It reduced my list a lot.

As of right now, the four colleges that I definitely want to apply to are:

  • University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
  • Boston University
  • University of Michigan
  • Fordham University
I feel obligated to apply to the University of Maryland and I had begun to accept that I may just go there. But I realized that they offer any majors that I want to pursue except for Biochemistry. They didn't even have Biomedical Engineering as an option (which I just found out is probably not the best major to go for since the amount of jobs are very limited. But it's the only engineering major that I can imagine myself getting through). I looked at UMBC and their options are limited too.

Duke has the major that I actually wish to pursue: Anatomy. It's the only college out of the ones I've been looking at, that as the major that wholeheartedly interests me. So it may be one of the schools that I add on my "reach" list. 

None of the Ivy Leagues that I've looked into offer majors that I like. They're all too liberal-artsy. Maybe Ivy Leagues aren't for me. I'm going to show my dad the list and see what he thinks. Tomorrow is the College Fair and hopefully, it helps me even more. I'm going to print out my resume and put it in a folder. Maybe I can get a free application or something. 

I should've been studying for my test tomorrow on The Stranger but here I am, thinking about college. This morning, my brain conjured up some profound ideas while I was in the shower. I'll share it with you guys later but I think it'll be a good topic for an essay. Since I won't be going to my internship tomorrow, I'll be focusing on college applications during my RP class. My UNC application sounded like rubbish when I looked over it today. So that means I'm going to have to write it all over again. Not good seeing as how I have to submit it on October 15th. 

Ugh. The struggle...

No comments:

Post a Comment