Tuesday, October 8, 2013

[Insert Quote About The Value of Reading]


I think I've recovered from the trauma of the SAT. I've been scrolling on Tumblr once again and I've mustered up the energy to even write a post. So things will be good... for this week. Next week, I'm gonna start studying for the Math IIs because I've just gotten some confirmation that they're HARD.

Woe is me.

And I need to study for this math competition hosted by the university which is conveniently in October so I can study for both simultaneously. But that's next week. This week is college applications week. Or it's supposed to be. I was supposed to stay at the library today to do some college shiz but I forgot my flash drive with all my stuff on it and I also forgot my inhaler and my breathing was SO bad. By the time I got home, I felt like my diaphragm had collapsed. I can't imagine how it would've been if I had stayed an hour longer.

Anyway, the college application thing. I'm going to make sure I go tomorrow. And then the other day I'll have is Friday because apparently, it is mandatory that I am at the rehearsals for Fall NHS inductions which is during 8th period. So either I miss my internship or go for like 30 minutes and head back to school. So no. If I get permission to miss it, I'll just stay at school.

Does anyone else not like Mumford and Sons? They're okay but meh. I think I've grown an adversity to them because there's that one song they have that always come up on the radio and on my Pandora and etc. And I officially hate the lead singer's croon and that dumb folk-y acoustic guitar in the background.

Tonight is a pretty chill night. I have no homework except to study for a Biology test which is essentially Basic Chem. So I'm just dilly-dallying. I'm probably going to read for the remainder of the night and eat Strawberry Applesauce if we have some and if not, I'll drink green tea and lazy my night away. Speaking of reading, I do have a short list of books I want to read. I really like thought-provoking books and I just want to consume them all.

Here it is:

  1. The Help
  2. The Pearl
  3. Flowers for Algernon
We had an interesting English discussion yesterday. She gave us some vocabulary words and told us to name a book that could be associated with each word. And people were mentioning a bunch of interesting sounding books. And I just want to READ and READ. I even feel like reading some thought-provoking books that I had read before like Fahrenheit 451 and Angela's Ashes, just to feel things again. 

The problem is just finding time. Currently, I'm reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. My friend recommended it to me and gave me a copy and it's taking me awhile to read it. But I'm determined to finish it. From now on, I'll finish every book I start. No matter how hard it is. I'm going to pick up Lolita again and finish it. I wish I had the motivation to write summaries and reviews of every book I read because it would be nice to look back on them and remember my feelings. 

I'll start doing that now. I'll try really hard to. 

We just finished reading The Stranger and I'm going to try my hardest to write a summary and a review of it. 

So after I hit the Publish button on this post, I'll renew my books and continue to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment