Saturday, December 21, 2013

Just Doing Some #Posh Sh*t.

Apparently, my cousin is hip.

She got us free tickets to the Warner Theater to see the Nutcracker. I wasn't really expecting a big affair. I thought we were going to some random theater, sitting with some random joes, watching some play. I've never been to the Nutcracker so I was still interested in going anyway.


But no. This was some actual sh**. My dad picked us up straight from church and said we couldn't go back home and change because of the time. He then, picked up my cousin and her brother. Whole time, I was thinking I was over dressed.

My dad dropped us off at the theater and when we got in, we realized that we fit in more than we thought. Or maybe we didn't. Well, let's just say that we weren't the only ones dressed up. But the difference between us and them was that everyone else was white..

We got our tickets and apparently, they were VIP tickets. And then, I was just dumbfounded. My sister made a whole scene at church so she didn't get to go, neither did she want to go at first. So she wasn't there. But she would've liked it I think.

I came to find out that my cousin knew people and she was even at the BET Awards last year which was held in the same place. Connections, connections.

As fancy as everything was, the food was trife in comparison. The popcorn came in a box and was unnecessarily salty. And our drinks came in cups, straws with no lids. I was annoyed by that.

When we got to our seats, we realized we had probably one of the best seats in the house. We were in the front of the balcony, smack dad in the middle. When the play began, I could even see EVERYTHING. And by EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING.

The guys wore tight TIGHT tights. So tight that I could see the outlines of their *ding-a-ling*, if you know what I mean. The guys with the white tights were even worse. I tried to keep looking at the dance and the sways of their bodies but the bulge was real.

But if we forget about that, everything was simply glorious and splendid. I felt like a posh upper class white girl and not because we were in some fancy schmancy seats. I felt like being the sugar plum queen in her magnificent sparkly attire and the sugar plums in her hair. With her slender body and dainty movements.

I was the Sugar Plum Queen.


In other news, I got a big envelope from UMBC two days ago. You know what that means?

That was my third acceptance into college!

When I came home from school... internship, I saw the big envelope with its seal hacked open and a knife place on top of it. Apparently, my mom had opened it already. She was obviously looking for the money. I asked my brother if there was a struggle. He said my grandma had just placed the knife there for some other reason.

Well, I checked it for myself and it wasn't really anything special. Blah blah blah... Got accepted... Enrollment fee... Congratulations. And there was a bunch of other stuff about the school. The folder was actually really nicely put together. But no money. Meh. It's still early however, I don't know if I even want to go to that school. But the folder could've convinced me to. But you know, colleges always like to embellish their image.

On Friday, I skipped fourth period to go visit my friends at lunch. I've never seen people SO happy to see me. I missed being with my friends so much. So we all joked around and ate food and it was just good old times (even if all my friends weren't actually there). But I liked being able to just relax and not worry about snatching up a PB&J really quickly, only to hurry to reach the bus stop.

Unfortunately, my friend got trash duty because she had her phone out even though it was partly my fault. I decided I would go with her because actually, this was The Guy's lunch and I was half expecting him to be there and I wanted to do trash duty for the chance to see him. (He wasn't even there.) But the whole table got in trouble because of some rather funny circumstances.

And trash duty wasn't so bad after all.

I just found it extremely hilarious that the day I skip class and visit my friends at lunch is the day I get trash duty.

I got my university ID back yesterday too. It was the worst trying to get it back actually. The bus dropped be off at the building where my ID was kept and apparently, the woman who had the ID was at lunch so I had to come back later to get it. I ended up walking a thousand miles up some hills just to get to my internship. It was the worst walk everr.

After my internship, I found a bus that didn't take ID that would take me back to the building. I got my ID in a mere seconds and I walked to the nearest bus stop. It was still a bit of a walk and I realized that it would've been easier to just walk home because I saw the sky-rise apartment buildings near my house right from where I was walking. But my dumb self walked to the bus stop anyway and got my butt back home fairly easily.

That was essentially the end of my day. Nothing else magical happened on Friday. Things have been swell. Pretty swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment