Tuesday, December 10, 2013
The Baby of the House.
I am convinced that my youngest brother is completely stupid.
He is 11 years old. A sixth grader. And I am dumbfounded by his complete lack of independence and initiative.
So we had no school today because it snowed or whatever. And my brother had some science fair project homework to do. He had to write his variables down and technically, it was supposed to be due today. But we had no school so he had the entire day to finish them.
Well. He didn't do them. And my mother decided to look at everyone's grades today on the Family Portal and my brother isn't excelling in any of his classes. And she realizes that he has the variable homework due tomorrow and asks to see the homework. I hear from my sister that he whines to my mother, saying he didn't do it because of me. Apparently, he asked me about it last night and I didn't help him...?
First of all, he did not ask me to help him with no type of homework. Second of all, if I hadn't helped him, he was just gonna go to school without doing his homework? Is there something wrong with him?
I know I sometimes procrastinate on my work but I make sure to get it done eventually. Missing out on homework is only for the strategic and the cunning. And if you're neither of those, then you cannot get away with not doing homework. That's just the truth of it.
I'm mad that he lied and tried to put my name in it. I was in sixth grade once and being the oldest of the kids in the family, I had to shiz like this by myself. So why can't he?
I'm going off to college next year and he really needs to get himself together before then. Sometimes I don't even know with these kids.
In other news... I finished reading 1984 by George Orwell! Finally! I feel so accomplished. And it was a great book. Very thought and emotion provoking. I don't think I really need to go into details about what the story was about. I mean, it's a classic. You can quickly look up a summary if you want an idea of what 1984 was about.
But I guess I can say that what I got out of the book was that I really would not want to live in a totalitarian government where I can't even have the freedom to THINK. I was wishing wholeheartedly for a happy ending but classics never seem to have an entirely happy ending. So I just knew my hopes were in vain.
Now I need to finish reading this book... I forgot what it was called. Something about some murders. I'm gonna read on the bus and at night and any chance I get. I'm wracking up $9.00 in library fees and it's gonna be $9.25 by tomorrow because of 1984.
Great.
Labels:
1984,
annoying,
baby brother,
george orwell,
snow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment