Christmas will probably never be the same as it was when I was a child but this year's Christmas wasn't so bad either. I got a bunch of clothes and I pretty much like all of them. Except for this bright highlighter pink fleece? jacket. But I like wearing it at home because it's warm so I don't hate it.
We played Uno, ate food, and merried around the house like people do on Christmas day and that was the end of it.
![]() |
| My friend and I trying on a dress at Forever 21. |
Really, there's not much to say about that. New Years Eve is tomorrow and I'm not gonna make any official resolutions. I just wanna eat food right now to be honest. There's this weird cake in our fridge and I think I'm gonna get a little piece of it.
OH! I got my ACT scores back today. That's important, isn't it?
Well, I got a 30. That's better than I expected but it's no better than my SAT scores but no really much worse so I wasn't sure what to do with it. What messed up my score was my Science which I basically failed with a 24. Everything was pretty superb with my 33 in English and 29 in Math and 30 in Reading.
I ended up sending my ACT score to UPenn and Duke. They can figure out what to do with it.
I haven't done an ounce of my winter break homework except for my AP Lit reading which I'm going to continue reading when I finish this post. We're reading "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Nora Neale Hurston and it's a pretty good book. I can't fade. But I don't think I've even gotten through half of it yet.
What I HAVE done is TWO college applications, for UPenn and for Johns Hopkins. I sent them in today and I'm just happy that they're friggin' FINISHED. I just have to complete applications for Boston University and Duke and I'll be done. I had planned on applying for BU's honors college but I wasn't feeling the whole writing a 500-word essay thing so that's a no. And Duke's application only asks for two 150-word essays so I'm not trippin'. I'm going to work with my mother to get that completed.
And yeahhh... I've been watching movies which I barely ever do. So far, I've watched Evil Dead and The Cabin In The Woods. I think Evil Dead was just a movie based on blood and gore because there was essentially no plot. It was grotesque at parts and I guess I enjoyed the bonding time with my bros and sis but I can't say I liked the movie all that much.
I did like The Cabin In The Woods because it wasn't what I expected. I was totally against watching the movie because I thought it was soo cliche. I mean, five teenagers go live in some abandoned cabin in the woods and weird sh** happens and people die. And yeah, that's exactly what happened. But the movie was basically making fun of the cliche-ness of scary movies and it was just a whole bunch of fun and I enjoyed it because it had the grotesque-ness of a scary movie without being a "scary movie". Oh and all the guys in the movie were sexy.
| Even the stoner one. |
Comedies are okay too.

No comments:
Post a Comment