I can't believe how busy I've been for the past few days.
Saturday was the Nutcracker. On Sunday, I thoroughly cleaned out my room (got rid of my broken a** bed) and wrapped some presents. Monday, I woke up kinda early-ish in the morning to go to the store with my mother to finish up more Christmas shopping. I wrapped a whole bunch of presents. I went out AGAIN to do Christmas shopping for my Grandmother. And I wrapped MORE presents.
And really, Monday was a good day in spite of all the work. My SAT scores came in.
Cue the sigh of relief.
With these scores, I have, in total, a 2060. If I superscore this sh**, I have a 2090. Of course, I'll never be fully happy with my scores. Of course, I wish I had a better score in math. I wish I had gotten 700s in everything. I wish I had broken that 2100 mark.
But I'm forcing myself to be satisfied. I truly am happy though. It took three tests but I finally made it. I can submit my college application to UPenn and actually believe I have a chance. I can get a full scholarship at Temple. I can officially say I'm done with CollegeBoard and it's damn tests. I mean, my subject tests are stupid but really, they'll just stay like that.
I don't know if I wanna apply to Harvard anymore. My tutor wanted me to but why would I apply somewhere that I have no chance of getting in? I'll apply to UPenn. I'll apply to Johns Hopkins. And I'll apply to Duke. Then I'm done. No one can tell me otherwise. I only have a week left to finish my college applications and I haven't started yet. I don't have time to do anymore than three and I don't want to do anymore than that.
I already got accepted into three colleges. If I get in nowhere else, I think I'll be fine. I just need to be in a stable mind by the end of January.
Today, I discovered the sexiest song ever. Okay, maybe not the sexiest ever. But it's the song, "It's About Time" by Young the Giants. And I LOVE it. Someone in the comments said it reminded them of the MarsVolta's first album. And I can definitely say it has its hints of the Mars Volta and it's most likely why I like the song. The only other Young the Giants song I know is that really annoying and popular one about cough syrup. I liked it at first, as I do with most Alternative songs. And then it gets overplayed and then "NOPE! NOPE! I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!" And then it's off with the radio.
I discovered the song on the radio and I can tell it's gonna be one of those songs because it was coming on a lot on MusicChoice today, which I decided to put on today while I was wrapping gifts. So no radio for me.
On Friday (or Thursday?), we were supposed to get candy grams. I sent out two candy grams to my friends and I expected one from a friend. And I got none because there's some stupid b**** that has the same name as me that probably got mine. Because she's the prettier of the two, my teacher thought all the 500 candy canes on her table were for her. When I'm sure at least one was mines. And that made me a bit bitter though I'm trying to forget about it.
What if the 500 candy canes she got weren't even all for her? What if only one was for her (from her boyfriend of course)? And what if I actually had a whole bunch of secret admirers? I would never know because some other b**** has the same name as me!
Ughhh!
Merry Christmas Eve to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment