Friday, February 8, 2013

Cakes, Internships, and Busy Schedules...

So today is my sister's 13th birthday. I gave her some deep-colored lip gloss and a chocolate bar because that's all I could afford. But she seemed happy about it anyway.

She actually got a lot of cool things. Two dresses, three shirts, two jeans, some shoes, and a purse. And cute headbands, nail polish, and socks. Happy Birthday sister.

We just finished the birthday dinner and we had apple cider, rice, chicken, cake, cheesecake, mangoes, pineapples, and mixed vegetables. I didn't really have much of an appetite but if I did, it would have been totally delicious.

I really liked this artwork. But I'm mainly adding it because the way his hair curls on his face reminds me of a certain someone.
I have three episodes of Pretty Little Liars to catch up on tonight and tomorrow is probably going to be an insane day. I'm gonna have to wake up early to volunteer at a Science and Tech open house at my school. And then perhaps, I'll go straight to Calculus tutoring. And then after that, I'm going to my mom's work for more volunteering. And when I get home, I'll need to take pictures for my book project. I'll have to study for SAT, color some drawings for my friend, and my mom might take me to the store to get some clothes because I really need some.

My day tomorrow is going to be mind-boggling. I've been missing church these past few weeks but I've been praying a lot more. And I'm going to start reading a chapter of the Bible everyday or at least every two days.

Other than that, today was a pretty nice day. Nobody really angered me or anything. It started out good. Remember how I didn't want to go to Computer Graphics? Well, my teacher wasn't even here today. So thank God. And then I had Physics and took the big test. It was a bit tricky but I don't think I did horribly. I was able to answer all the questions and the only reason I would've gotten something wrong is if I made stupid mistakes. Everyone was complaining about how hard the multiple choice questions were but I don't think they were that bad. I had English next and took an SAT vocabulary test. I didn't get to study but I know I passed it anyway. And we had an interesting discussion about the county taking ownership of student work in which I did not contribute as I always do. In World History, we were supposed to choose topics for an upcoming research project we're doing. I chose Affirmative Action though I kind of wish I did Euthanasia but someone took it. Chemistry was really boring. We're on a new lesson which is totally easy and since I didn't have my calculator, I couldn't actively work out the problems, just set them up. I wanted to sleep.

At lunch, my friend and I decided to buy each other roses for Valentines' Day under guys names. I sent my friend a rose under the name Jesse. And she sent one to me under the name Chris. I wish the people at the front did not both happen to be in my first period but whatever. I've made a fool of myself too many times to care. So that would be fun.

And I missed a few minutes of Spanish class to go to the internship meeting. I was hoping that the meeting would've gone on longer but first, there was only two of us there and the lady basically said that there were a few spots left only in the afternoon and mostly at the university. I wanted to strangle the woman. That's EXACTLY what I wanted. An internship in the afternoon at the university since it's close to my home, plus I wouldn't have to be the only senior riding the school bus home.

The other option is that I can find a mentor at another site who would be willing to have me. And my mom said she can set me up with someone at NIH. So God has really blessed me, you guys. I really just had to keep the faith, you know.

In Spanish, we were supposed to be working on oral presentations but I finished early and began talking with my friend for the rest of the period. In Calculus, thank God, we're doing geometric and arithmetic sequences. We're basically doing sixth grade stuff. So I actually understood everything.

Things got funny after school. I rode the bus home as usual and sat with my usual group of friends. They happened to be funny as heck and I had a good time. But then my other group of friends who live a city over and ride a bus entirely different than mines snuck onto the bus, waved at me, and headed to the back. I looked back at them like, "WTH ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!" They had this sheepish smile on their faces. They ended up getting off my bus stop, planning to stay over at my house. I thought they were crazy. They ended up not going to my house because I told them my house was a mess and my parents wouldn't allow them to. Of course, my mom came home early and saw my friends and said hi but then they walked off. The funny thing is, my mom was actually home all day and had cleaned the house and had even asked why I didn't invite them over. -_-

Btw. Nigerian music is the best. The music is blasting and that's what's on and the music is freakin' hot. I need to put it on my phone. Which reminds me. I need to text my friend back. =P

Okeii. My sister's asleep and we were supposed to watch PLL. Merp. Time to go study SAT Math. Apparently, I can't go to Harvard without at least an 800 on the SAT. Notice I said at least.

Peace & Pink Frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment