Thursday, February 28, 2013

So That's What We Needed All That 2nd-Grade Cursive For!

So I'm guessing you're anxious to here about my SAT experience. Well I will happily and tiredly tell you.

I was meaning to make a post yesterday, but that wasn't possible due to the amounts of studying I had to do for the SAT. My tutor was here and we did some practice Math tests. I discovered again that I was actually pretty good at them. Why I keep messing up is because I keep making small stupid mistakes. I rush and then my brain goes crazy. It' so annoying when I look back and see why I got an answer wrong and it just so happens that I put an 8 instead of a 6. Or something stupid like that.

After my tutor left, I got my sister to review SAT words for me. I can't tell you how helpful my SAT app had actually been for the SAT. Unlike everybody else, I actually recognized a lot of the words from the word list I had studied. (Unfortunately, I totally blanked out on what mercenary and acrimonious meant. Funny because mercenary was in my mind all morning but I didn't take the time to look up the meaning again.)

I went to bed relatively early (around midnight). Part of the reason was because my tutor was getting me a graphing calculator to use for tomorrow (which I'm so glad he did, omg) and partly, because I had all this knowledge floating in my brain mixed with fears and nervousness in my heart. I ended up waking up around 5:00 AM to review more and then I went back to bed (which wasn't so successful).

My morning regressed even further when I got on the bus, wanting to relax before I got to school, but one of my earbuds failed and so I was only hearing music out of one earbud. It totally ruined my music experience and my mood overall. I thought it was a sign that I was going to fail the SAT. But now that I think of it, I think it was sign from God that I should focus on my vocab. But I didn't listen.

Anyway, I was getting even more anxious because at the last bus stop, people were arriving so freakin' late and we wasted an extra 5 or so minutes. And by the time I got to school, there was only less than 10 minutes for me to put my stuff in my locker and get to the testing site aka the gym.

At the gym, I saw all my friends and I happened to be in the table all the way in the back. Considering that I didn't have my correct glasses, it wasn't that pleasant because I couldn't even see the time. And I forgot my watch in my bag which was all the way in the front of the room. I forgot to bring money and a bottle of water as well. All I came to school with was my folder and a journal.

So that's how it began. I'm not going to go too much into the test but it really wasn't that bad. In fact, I thought the math portion was SO easy. I knew how to answer almost all the questions. I think I was confused on only at most two questions on each of the math sections. What actually happened to be challenging was the reading and writing section, more so the reading. It was the only part of the SAT that I had no studied at all for. In my mind, I kept telling myself that if I don't know how to read then I don't freakin' know how to read and whatever I get is whatever I get. I knew I could improve on my vocab and my math skills so that's what I focused on. But honestly, I do kind of regret not spending a little time on studying the reading section. Oh well, it happened.

I ended up not eating real lunch. During lunch time, you had the choice of either paying $1.50 for a slice of pizza, $1.00 for cookies, or being sent in groups of 20 to the cafeteria to the cafeteria. Please note that I was  sitting in table 249 when we taking the test. Do the math. So that was a no go and I ended up eating chocolate and Special K bars.

After the whole ordeal was over, I got my friends to skip with me to the auditorium. Only I'm the only one that didn't actually skip because I was supposed to be in there in the first place since my teacher was gone.

Obviously, my dumba** didn't make the correlation and stayed after for Calculus tutoring. And I find out that there is no session and when I went to catch the bus, I couldn't find it and seconds later, the buses began pulling away. I ended up taking a bus to the mall and walking all the way home. It was still light outside, the weather was okay, and I didn't have much stuff so it wasn't too bad. Once I got home, my legs were aching, I was still feeling the headache that formed while I was doing the SAT, and I was hungry. After getting myself together, I took a failure of a nap just to wake up, listen to music, and go study Calculus with my tutor for the test tomorrow.

We went over a lot of things and everything was making sense to me. I still haven't done my geo sequences and horn volumes but whateverr. Speaking of Calculus, I got my quiz back on Tuesday and got a 9/24. Apparently, there was another side to the quiz with two more problems that I didn't see. I wanted to cry at my stupidity.

I should have like a D right now because of the last 3 Ds I got on the assessments.

So tomorrow, there's apparently some African Takeover going on. It would be nice to rep some Nigerian pride but Idk. I don't wanna be too African, you know. I'm too tired to even figure something out. If I had face paint, I'd just half-a** some Nigerian flags on my face. There's gonna be an African flash dance too or something. Too hilarious.

Speaking of Nigeria, I was just reading about my country in the World History book. It's funny how much I talk about ratchet black people when history was filled with a bunch of dumba** white people. No racism.

I shall sleep now. Tomorrow (or today) will be a day of Calculus-induced depression, English-essay writing, NIH-cover-letter-completing, and Physics-test-studying. With 80s music in the background.

Peace & SATs.

No comments:

Post a Comment