Friday, October 15, 2010

Down In Texas

My parents just left to Texas. Well not exactly. They're on there way to the airport and then from the plane, they'll go straight to Texas. Surprisingly, we got a lot of homies over there. But the reason they're on their way to that weird looking state is because they're going to our Uncle William's wedding. Uncle William used to live in our guest room back back in the day. It's crazy how far he's gone in life from when he used to drink Ovaltine and bread in a small room in our home. He was mostly at school. And I used to cause him a lot of problems when he was at home. I remember telling him to shut up one time. Imagine. Someone 3 times my age. I wonder what was going through my head. But yeah... I wish I could go. I haven't been to a wedding in a long time. It kinda makes sense. Most of my parents' friends are too old to get married but too young to have kids who are old enough to get married. 



So right now, it's only me, my brothers, my sister, and my Ja-Papaw [Grandpa]. Whenever my parents leave, even just the room, he starts doing weird stuff in the kitchen. Like digging through the trash and washing the dishes. I know what you're thinking. 
You: Washing the dishes?! That's the normalest thing ever.
Me: Not really. Not when you go get a dish and it's filled with crusty-crusty. 

It's disgusting. And he doesn't ever use dishwasher soap. Only when I go over there to check. That's when he starts using soap. But when you leave, he squeezes all the soap out of the sponge and keeps "washing". And if my mom sees this, she'll be like, "Papa, use soap!" in her language. Then he'll stop washing the dishes and leave. Wth?

But yeah. My parents are coming back on Sunday and there's so much to remember. Like, I have to give my Ja-Papaw his medicine in the morning. I have to call my Aunt to tell her that she doesn't need to pick us up for church anymore. I have to remember to bring the money for church and "just in cases". And some other stuff. Like make sure my brothers and sister look nice. Blah.

I haven't taken a shower or washed my face all morning. My face feels raw and nasty. I'm too lazy to get up but I'm gonna take a shower soon, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment