Sunday, May 19, 2013

Are You In?

I need to make a list. So the whole skip-the-last-day-of-school-and-take-a-metro-train-to-nowhere plan seems to be a possibility. But if it happens, I need to be prepared. So here's the list of things I'm planning on getting:

  1. Muscle-tee 

  2. Shorts

  3. Racer-back bra: I'm thinking of wearing a dress so if I wear it, then I'll need this.

  4. New canvas shoes: I'm going for that care-free, skater look. And I wanna look cute.

  5. Small backpack: To hold things.

  6. Some type of hat. Either a fedora-like hat or a snapback. If I get a snapback, I'll wear it backwards. If I get the fedora-like hat, it's for sun protecting purposes.




  7. Oil-blotting sheets: I know I'm gonna get hella sweaty and I need to stay cute.
  8. Sunscreen: So I don't get dark.
  9. Sunglasses: To look cool.

  10. Hair removal creams: I know I'm gonna have my arms exposed so I need something for my pits and legs.
  11. Waterproof mascara: I wanna look nice if I'm gonna go out to town. So I need some good quality, waterproof mascara. I'll probably need to buy some eyeliner as well. Every single time I buy eyeliner, someone in this ratchet family messes it up.
  12. About $100: $10 for the bus and metro, $10 for a movie (if we see one), $20 for food and drink, $50 for anything I wanna buy. The problem is getting my parents to give me $100 without telling them that I'm skipping school to ride a metro to somewhere with a group of friends.
That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm getting pretty excited, thinking about it. I can already smell the sunshine and taste the sweet sugar of freedom. 

So here are the places that seem like a good idea to go to:
  1. Gallery Place in Washington D.C. There's Chinatown, a movie theater, and a bunch of cool stores there. It's probably the easiest and fastest place to get to and I already know the area. The cons are that my parents both work in DC. But there really isn't much of a possibility of them being in that side of DC. There are only a limited amount of stores and things are gonna be kind of expensive because it is DC. It's also REALLY crowded everywhere but that's the fun of it, right?
  2. Wheaton Mall. It's one of the best malls we have in our vicinity that's also in our state (which isn't saying much). It's not hard to get too but it'll take longer than going to DC. There's a Hot Topic and a bunch of other stores. I don't know much about the mall since I've never gone there. 
  3. Pentagon City Mall in Arlington VA. It's a REALLY nice mall. It'll be harder and take longer to get to though. I haven't gone there in about 3 years. Though it's not that much farther from DC at all, it's still in an entirely different state. It might not be as appealing to the guys, I don't know. The guys are up to anything usually. We'll have fun nevertheless.
I'm gonna ask my friends about it maybe next week. I've only told a few friends about the plans and I didn't really elaborate on it. They may have some other ideas. To me, Gallery Place seems like the best option because it just seems like a cool idea to get entirely out of the state. The people who walk the streets of DC are way more interesting. There's gonna be a bunch of things to do too since everything is walking distance. We can find a cheap place to eat at too because I know how cheap my group of friends are. 

I'm not sure if I want it to be a big group of friends thing or small group of friends thing. If it's a small group, it's easier keep account of everyone. No one will get left out, possibly. And I think it'll just be more fun. If it's a big group, it'll be fun too but I know it'll be hard to go into one store with like 12 or so people at a time. I guess we could all just split up into small groups and meet each other at places. But it is DC and I'm not sure how well anyone else knows the area. 

Here's how I want the day to go down:

We'll all get to school on the bus, or car, or by foot or whatever we usually do by whenever time we get there. We'll have to meet up together before 8:30 so that we can safely get out of school before any administrators can say anything. We'll leave school and ride the free bus to the metro station (so everyone must have their IDs!). We'll get to the station and buy our tickets which I think will be about $4.50. It'll take about 25 minutes to get to Gallery Place, according to Google Maps. Hopefully, I'll know where to go from there. I'm thinking that by the time we get there, it'll be a bit after 10 am. Maybe a bit earlier. We can go to the Regal Gallery Place movie theater and watch a movie, which will kill about 2 hours. I'm guessing it'll be around 1 am by that time. We'll probably go out to a restaurant to eat like Chipotle, or if we're really cheap, McDonalds. Knowing my friends, we'll be sitting there eating for like an hour. So we can go around shopping for about 2 hours. Buy ice cream from a hot dog stand. Mess around in Urban Outfitters. Go to the MLK library or the museums nearby if they're up to that. Flirt with boys. We'll start leaving around 4:30 pm or 5 pm and everyone should be back home by 6 pm. 

I'm excited. 

I really wanna do this because it'll be one of my last few chances to act like a care-free teenager. Once summer begins, I'm gonna have a bunch of things to do though I'll try to hang with friends every once in awhile. Next year, I'll be preparing to go to college. And then during college, I'll have my college adventures but then I'm actually gonna be an adult who has to take responsibility for my own actions and it won't be the same. 

I'm planning this out so intricately. I'm hoping that everything doesn't go down in flames because that's what tends to happen. Honestly, if my whole group of friends don't wanna go, I'll find one friend to go with. I'm doing this for myself and myself only. I'll make things happen and I'll enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment