So yesterday, I went to the movies with two of my friends. And let's just say, I learned a lot.
- Plan everything.
- Never go to ghetto malls when you have the option not to.
- No sex before marriage or you WILL get AIDs.
- Don't get on a private plane with a hot guy and expect not to have sex. (I mean, it's not like you can just say no and leave.)
Earlier in the day, it all started with just two of us going. The two of us had initially planned to go the movies at 5 pm. I wanted to watch The Great Gatsby but my friend was kind of apprehensive about it. She was like, she already knew how the movie was gonna start and end so I was like, we'll see when we get there. We chose this ghetto theater because it would've been easier for everyone to get there. That was the biggest mistake I've ever made.
Well 5 pm turned to 6 pm instead and then I asked another friend to join us. She actually got there about 10 minutes before 6 pm and I got there about 3 minutes after 6. That's when we found out that there wasn't even any movie starting until 7 pm. They weren't even showing The Great Gatsby (which pissed me off the most). And we were just gonna choose Iron Man 3 but it started at 7 pm. My friend didn't even get here until a few minutes after 7 pm. Before that, my friend and I walked around the crappy mall. That was when I had wished we had gone to another mall which was still a bit ghetto but was WAY better and had a nice theater nearby.
We were considering asking my dad to drop us off over there but he didn't answer on time and we checked the ticket prices and they were all SO expensive. So we just settled for staying where we were.
My other friend finally came and after some arguing, we finally settled on watching Temptations: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor. Me, beings someone that never watches TV, had NO idea what any of the movies were. But my friend said something about the woman getting AIDs at the end and it sounded kind of interesting so I thought it was an okay to watch.
Well, the movie started off slow. I even got to a point where I regretted even watching the movie because it was SO boring. But it got interesting once the affair started but a lot of things annoyed me. Like how Brandy seemed to be totally irrelevant in the story. The old white lady at the pharmacy was totally irrelevant too. I honestly think they just added her so that the pharmacy didn't seem too empty and maybe to add some variety to the almost all black cast. Or maybe comic relief?
The rich black guy annoyed me THE MOST though. My friend said he wasn't even cute. I mean, he's not my cup of tea but he had a cute smile, imo. But ughhh. The woman said she was MARRIED and this man would not leave her alone. Then when they finally have sex and he wants her to leave her man and she says she can't, he gets all mad as if he didn't know what he got himself into. Someone needs to go somewhere.
But honestly, that scene in the plane was kinda hot. I imagined that the rich guy was actually some cute guy I liked and damn. I had to bite my lip for that.
So we find out that Brandy was actually running away from the rich guy (her crazy ex boyfriend) and she got HIV from him. And this rich guy was having sex with the marriage counselor woman. And the marriage counselor woman's husband finds out about the affair and the HIV. And busts into the rich guy's apartment and finds that he beat the marriage counselor woman up because he actually had anger issues.
And basically the marriage counselor gets HIV and her husband and Brandy get together and have kids. And we don't know what happens with the rich guy. But it was a pretty sad ending if you think about it.
It was funny because I saw a bunch of couples in the theater and I was just thinking: "Mmm. Someone wants to keep their boo in check." LOL.
Err yeah. Typing got boring so I'll leave. Time for some hardcore Physics studying!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment