If I don't, well, that's just my life.
Anyway, I can now think clearly. Not really. I actually have two subject tests on June 1. Ugh. The last thing I wanna do is study more Chemistry and Physics but I'm going to have to. It's my fault. I signed myself up for these. And I made my dad pay for them too so I actually have to do well.
But now I can think about my plans for the summer.
- I'm planning on skipping the last day of school with my friends and taking the metro to DC or some mall far away. I could probably pull it off. I'd just "go to school" on that Friday, walk the other direction to the bus stop with my friends, and then go wherever we wanna go and come back. Hopefully, it won't be too much money (it might be if we decide to go to DC). And hopefully, my friends will be on board with it. I think I'm the only one that has experience with the metro train.
- I need to learn how to drive! I need my learner's permit. I actually wanna get it before the summer.
- I need to get a job. I'm applying for an internship at the moment. I'll finish the application this weekend. Which reminds me, I need to get my transcript from school. I really wanna make bucks this summer for clothes and for college, of course. But mostly for clothes. I also need to pay off book fines as well. :P
- My dad and I are planning on taking a college road trip.
- I'm gonna lose weight (at least 20 pounds) once and for all.
I never really accomplish my summer goals but I'm hoping I actually do this time.
There were a couple of things I wanted to mention in my last posts but I never did because of laziness. But first, I guess I should just spill it out. I heard some bad news over the weekend.
Apparently, the man that did our wood floors and fixes our appliances died. He actually died back in March but we didn't find out until Friday. You may be thinking, "Oh. Some guy who did your floors died? Merrhhh Who cares?" But he was kind of close to us.
His name was Mr. Louis. I guess you can say he's the stereotypical Spanish handyman. I think he's from Nicaragua. He had a loud voice and he kinda smelled like onions but he was funny and cool. He acted like an uncle, always telling us stories and stuff. My dad called him Papi and Mr. Louis seemed to like my little brother in particular. I even rode in his car once though I can't remember why even though it was like a year ago.
Our family jokes about how everything he fixes eventually breaks. He wasn't the best handyman. He tried to fix our downstairs toilet and failed. So he replaced the toilet with a new one which leaks at the bottom when you flush it. He misplaced the screws for the shade part of our kitchen light. He misplaced our outlet cover. He misplaced the venting cover for the downstairs bathroom. He "fixed" our faucet which failed about a few weeks later.
The only thing he did right was the tiling for the kitchen and our downstairs and the wood floors for my parents' room. He also painted our house which was okay but you can see dried paint drips.
I remember him telling me about all the health problems his family had. How his sister died of this and his mother died of that and his uncle and his brother and all that. He said he lost a lot of weight so that he can combat all this family history of bad health. I thought he would do okay too. I wasn't worried about him.
We don't know exactly what happened but I feel like he probably had a heart attack or something. I haven't been overwhelmed with emotion but it's still sad thinking about it. This guy that used to be so real and so there is now gone and I'll never seem him again. It still hasn't hit me yet that I will never. see. him. again. It won't be truly sad until months later probably.
No comments:
Post a Comment