Thursday, September 29, 2011

Behind The Music

Hey Blog! What's up?

So of course, I'm taking a few minutes to procrastinate. But I just realized that I don't really have that much homework this weekend which is very awesome because I was sure the teachers would pile it all on to keep us busy. But they didn't. I guess that's why they gave out all those quizzes yesterday.

But yeah... all I have to do is read a few pages of Fahrenheit 451 for English. Have you heard of it? Apparently it's famous. And I have to print out and fill out some papers for my Science Fair Project. And I have to finish my Graphic Design homework. They're called Journals and it's when we work in our Sketchbooks and they kinda stress me out.

When it comes to work, I'm kind of a perfectionist. And I have to make my sketchbook the best. So far, all my designs have been picked out as one of the best in the class (we've only done two) and I strive to keep doing so. The Journal we're doing now is about color. And using a lot of it. So that's what I'm gonna do, use a lot of color. So far, I've sketched out a pair of glasses that I'm gonna turn into those old 3-D glasses that have one lens, red, and the other, blue. And I'm gonna put a colorful psychedelic design behind it but I'm not sure what.

And the other homework I had to do was my Pre-Calculus homework, which was very short and easy. But I also have to do a lot of studying because I have a test in Pre-Calc, English, and Chemistry which sucks.



Okay, so this afternoon, me and my sister were watch a series of shows on VH1 called Behind The Music which were documentaries of famous people in R&B and Rap and it was very interesting. First, it was Usher, then Lil' Wayne, then 50 Cent, and the last one that just ended not too long ago was Nelly. And before, I used to have no respect for these people. Okay, I didn't have absolutely no respect for them, it's just that I didn't really like what the represented so I didn't care for them. And there was a time that I liked them. When I was younger and I was so into the radio and they were so famous. But when you hear their documentaries, you suddenly just feel them and realize they're human just like me and have had struggles and what they sing about is just them having fun. Even though, I still don't like the fact they sing about girls and sex and stuff non-stop but at least I know that's not the only thing on their mind.

I was so surprised about 50 Cent. I've never really followed him so I never realized how respectably he talked. I was totally expecting him to talk in straight-up slang, dripping in ghetto-ness. But he doesn't. He sounds educated. And I liked that a lot. It was a big change from hearing Lil' Wayne talk. He talks like he's slightly high. And even though his story was a sad one, (his father beating up his mother, living in the slums, shooting himself, doing drugs at a young age, getting some pregnant at 16, etc.) I still couldn't get over that he used to be a star student so why doesn't he act like one. I can tell the guy is a smart guy, I just feel like I he should talk like he knows something.

No comments:

Post a Comment