Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"Yaw Some Snitches Yo."

These were the words uttered out of the mouth of a ghetto freshmen that sits two seats to left of me in Spanish class.



And although I've heard even worse grammar than that, this particular words burned into my mind.

The kid that said this was a quiet kid though. But he has this laid-back attitude as if he just plain doesn't care. He wears mostly black: black jacket, black jeans, and some designer sneakers that I don't know about. His hair is done in twists as half of the guys in the black community have these days. And he's just the perfect picture of the ghetto black boys of where I live.

How do you care so less about school like that? It's like this kid just comes for nothing. It's like me showing up at some business building and just hanging around there. You came to school to learn. Not to sit in a desk and listen to music on your mp3 or iPod or whatever.

And I know all kids do not have a great liking for school. Or at least most of them. But then even so, there are still a good number of kids who try nevertheless. Yeah, I don't like school. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna do any homework, or any classwork, or fail my tests. If I'm gonna be here, I might as well do good.

Why don't people have that mentality?

Yaw some snitches yo. LOL. Want me to tell you the story? It's not an interesting story. I was in Spanish class and my Spanish teacher wanted to find out what sport this certain kid played so that she could talk to his coach. And then the other kids (freshmen obviously) started "snitching" about it.

"Oh he plays softball!"
"No, he plays basketball!"
"Nope football!"

And one of those people, "snitched". I'm not sure who because I don't know what actual sport the kid played. (But if you wanna take a guess, it's not softball.) And yeah, then this ghetto kid who had nothing to do with anything, just spurted out, "Yaw some snitches yo."

Why not say, "You guys are all snitches."? And if you wanna keep some ghetto-ness in there, he could've said, "Man, you guys are snitches." It's still pretty okay in my eyes.

No school tomorrow or Friday which is exciting. So I guess I'll try to catch up then. I had so many quizzes today... :/ These teachers are trying to make sure we're a little dead before we get our long weekend. Nope nope. We can't fully enjoy our weekend. Not when the teachers have to come back on Friday while the students don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment