Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rockin' Them Ratchet Weaves.


I finally released my ratchet crochet weave. It was just looking utterly revolting. It was a tangled mess. The knots were loose. My edges showed. My cornrows peeked through.

I can't believe I went outside like that.

My mom put some twists in my hair and they actually look pretty sweet. We were critically lacking in hair to use so we were forced to use this brownish hair in the front of my head. And it came out looking cool.

The black girl life is a struggle. White girls should be happy that all they need to do to make their hair look decent is a wash and a nice brush of the hair. Maybe there are some more steps. But they are not nearly as complicated as what you have to go through when you have black hair: whether it's relaxed or natural.

This morning, I accomplished a huge feat...

I drove to the mall!

Like, I got on the main road, and drove to the mall. And drove out of the mall. And I went around and around and I was driving with other people.

I even almost got in a car crash. Ha. Yeah. Almost got in a crash. I'm so cool, yo.

I can't fade though. It was a bit frightening. Just a bit. I was actually in the neighborhood when it happened and I stopped at a stop light and I was about turn and out of a sudden, an elderly couple came in their cars and almost hit me. Seriously. They came out the cut like wild Pokemon in the grass.

But nevertheless, I'm proud of myself. I got on the road and now I can say I can drive to the mall if I wanted to. But of course, my mom and I got on the roads on a Sunday morning so it wasn't that busy. Driving is so nerve-wracking. Like, there's just so much to watch and check and make sure of. Ugh. God protect me!

My friend is bothering me at this hour about some English essay. I swear, all my friends do this nonsense to me. I don't even have the same English teachers as any of them. She wants my outlines and she made me go look for them. I haven't even written an outline since 10th grade. Ugh. The things we smart friends do for our comprehensive companions...

Speaking of English, I found out on Friday that my English teacher's husband died last year and she left school for awhile. How does one get over something like that? I feel bad for her. Especially because it seems like a lot of people don't like her already. I think I've mentioned it before but there is something a bit off about her. A senior that I met on Friday, the one that told me that her husband died, said that she was sassy at times. And I guess that's the best I could describe her as well. Sassy.

But the reasons that I've heard for people not liking her includes the fact that she gave a girl a 0 for not labeling the tabs on her binder and she made one of her classes like 10 minutes late to the next period because she wanted to finish some poem. So yeah... She hasn't done anything personally to me. (Except on Friday, she did say things about eating in class after I took out a fruit bar. Embarrassing but not traumatizing.) And I think she's interesting enough. Hopefully, she doesn't do anything to make me hate her. That would suck.

I'm really taking AP Lit as a chill class for now. But I'm sure it won't be for long. I'm so used to having a chill English class because of my 11th grade class. I need to get rid of that mindset.

There's a WHOLE bunch of stuff I need to do. My head is swarming but the stress hasn't hit me yet. I'm in la-la mode. I'm pretending that I still have a lot of time when I really don't. It's the first stage of procrastination.

The pressing issues that I need to take care of include:

  • E-mailing my tutor about SAT prep
  • Writing my Common App essay
  • Studying for the SAT
  • E-mailing the Model UN sponsor about joining
  • Sending in my service learning hours papers
  • Calling in the law firm that I worked at for a recommendation letter
  • Getting my recommendation letters from my teachers
  • Asking for a recommendation letter from my Computer Graphics teacher
  • Completing my HIPA course
  • Exchanging my retarded Ross shirt
  • Buying the birthday earphones for my brother
  • Buying food to take for lunch Tuesday through Friday
There's probably more but these are all the ones in my head as of right now. But I'll forget them all for tonight so I can sleep peacefully. 

Good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment