AP Biology kills me.
We learned about fixed action patterns and a kid raised his hand and was like, 'So once you start a FAP, you can't stop." Something like that. I heard a few snickers in the room. I definitely chuckled. But I don't think my teacher got it.
I can't with my class.
So today was the first day of my internship. Oh man. It was pretty hectic. There's a lot of stuff to say. But I'll start from the beginning of fifth period. That's when I came out of fourth period Organic Chemistry (or Orgo... wah?).
I can't for the life of me open my locker so I had my friend come with me and help me open it. I wasted a bit of time down there because she couldn't open it and I couldn't open it. But I finally got another friend to open it. I grabbed all my stuff and rushed up three flights of steps to get to my RP class, thinking that I had the girl and my ride waiting.
I go into my RP class and my RP teacher has a full class in there and the girl who was supposed to give me a ride was nowhere in sight. I soon find out that she was sick and the teacher gives me her phone number to call her. I was slowly freaking out on the inside because I had NO idea this girl wasn't even at school today which meant I was going to have to catch the bus and I had no idea when the bus was even coming and on top of that, I was hungry!
My phone was being extra dumb and I had no network. Evidently, it was the hallway I was in because once I left the hallway, my network began working. But it meant that I had to call right in the main hallway where all the teachers and admins and students walk by. So it was extra awkward. I called the girl for some info on the shuttle bus and then I had to call my mentor, informing her that I will be late.
I quickly checked the time for the next shuttle bus, only to find out it was 12:18 pm and at the time, it was 12:11 or so. I didn't even get to check back with my RP teacher or sign out. I didn't even get to get a nice snack from the vending machine! I rushed out of the building and walked up to the bus stop where I waited for awhile because the bus decided to be a little late. I awkwardly got on the bus because I was unsure of whether I had to show him some ID or something like that. But he kind of just glared at me and I simply got in and sat in a seat.
It was a LONG bus ride. I didn't get to the university until about 1:10 pm. I was unsure of where to get off so I just got off at the first place the shuttle stopped. What a mistake.
It was a LONG, confusing walk to the building that I was supposed to be in. It was a hot day. I was wearing a cardigan and leggings. I was carrying a binder in my hands and a heavy backpack on my back. And of course, school was in session. So I was amidst a bunch of 18-21 year old COLLEGE students. I had never seen so many cute college guys in my life. And there I was, a homely sweaty short and confused high school senior. I felt like a freshman again.
I finally found the building and I spent an extra few minutes trying to find the room. I went up three flights of stairs and went down all three of them. I finally got to my destination by 1:30 pm.
I have a bunch of things to do so I'm gonna keep the rest pretty short. But I was greeted by the graduate student I had met when I went in for an interview during summer break. Another graduate student was there and she was the one doing the database training. The other person getting trained was a freshman in college, I think. She had to be. But everyone was super nice and chill. I was taught how to schedule and use a database. I was shown where the studies took place and how to use the copier machine. Basic stuff like that. The last thing we did was watch videos of the studies being conducted which started out interestingly but got boring VERY quickly. We were watching infant studies and let's just say, I am NOT interested in doing infant studies.
Obviously, God did not want me to have lunch that day because I ended up using the $1 and change in my pocket to ride the bus home. I had no clue what other buses I could take back home that were free so I just took what I knew. I was planning on going back to school for SAT prep but it was 4:00 pm at that point and by the time I got back to school, it would be WAY too late. It just wouldn't make sense and it would've been two bus rides back and I was tired and I felt gross. It was just not gonna happen.
But now I wonder how in the world am I gonna do after school activities without proper transportation. I told my mom the situation and she was saying that me driving would've been the best thing. It really sucks that I can't drive. I never realized how much of a necessity it would've been until today. Yeah, I see all the other seniors driving and shake my fists in envy. But before it was just envy. Now it's desperation.
I'm gonna do some SAT prep and figure out the transportation situation before I go to bed tonight. But yeah... that's how things went. I probably have more shiz to say but they aren't important right now. I'VE GOT THINGS TO DO.

No comments:
Post a Comment