I spent a lot of time looking up shuttles that I could take to get to the building. And I thought I had it down. I would walk a distance down to the university apartments. Then, I'd catch the 125 Circulator. The bus would drop me off at the art building. And I'd walk a distance down to the building.
Well, everything went as planned until I got on the bus. The bus didn't turn where it was supposed to. Instead, it went straight. It stopped at this stop that I could've got off at and still got to the building in about 5 minutes. But I didn't. I stayed on the bus, hoping that maybe it was gonna go on course and stop a bit closer. In the moment, I quickly searched up the bus route for the bus and found out that the bus I was taking was going a completely different route than I had saw on the computer.
I had no sense of where I was so I got off at some random bus stop once the bus had gotten into the university. When I got off, I started walking, hoping I would find somewhere familiar.
Well, thank God I did. I saw the Student Union Building and I knew the building I needed to go to the east of that. A LONG way to the East. And so I just walked and walked and walked until finally, the area became vaguely familiar. And I got to the place sweaty but not TOO sweaty. I wore a tank top. I actually blended in again today!
WELL, I got there only to find out that there was no one except for a college freshman and the other girl who was interning along with me. Meaning, I didn't even have to be there today. Apparently, my mentor was Jewish. I don't know what all the college graduates were. But I'm guessing they used my mentor's absence as an excuse not to come or something.
I decided to stay for a little while because it was a journey getting there! I used the time to start this online course on human ethics and maintaining confidentiality that I'm required to do for my internship. It's a 90-minute course and we have to complete like 8 modules and then 1 "elective". I finished one and tried to start the second one but there was just soo much to read. Tomorrow, I'm planning on staying at the university library and getting one done and maybe studying for SAT. Maybe I can fit my laptop in my backpack or sometihng.
Meh. Don't want to. But probably will.
Anyway, I was planning on going to the mall to finally take back some clothes that I got from Ross. One that was too big and one that was just retarded. According to stupid freakin' Google Maps, the bus I was supposed to take was supposed to arrive at 3:07 pm. Since when did Google Maps ever get the time right?! When!? WHEN!? Neverr. But I listened anyway and I ended up heading over to the bus stop only to check NextStop and find out that the bus wasn't arriving until 45 minutes from that time.
I ended up getting on the next bus that arrived and got off at some random stop and started walking until things got familiar. While I was walking, I went on my Navigation system and found out that it was a 20-something-minute walk. I almost smashed my phone but then I realized that I ate a cheese steak sandwich and noodles at home and I had calories to burn.
It wasn't that long of a walk and the weather was nice so it wasn't that bad. My sense of orientation is bad though. I went to Ross and picked out two new tops, exchanged them and stayed at the library (which was near) and got some college books to pass time. I caught a bus home and once I got home, I tried on the shirts I got.
One was perfectly fine. The other was FREAKIN' RETARDED. It was long-sleeved shirt and I thought it was a large in the store for some reason. I looked at the tag when I got home and it was a small. Which isn't a problem. I wear smalls. But I put my arm in to try it on and I couldn't even put my hand through the arm hole. No, before you say my arms were obviously too big, I need to tell you something! The entire arm hole wasn't small. It was normal in the upper arm region and then tapered in the lower arm, wrist region. I managed to get my hands through one arm hole but not the other, meaning that they made one arm BIGGER THAN THE OTHER.
Why ROSS! WHYYY!?!
It was a gray shirt just like the other retarded gray shirt I had gotten. So note to self: Don't buy gray tops from Ross. At least not without trying them on. So now I'm gonna have to exchange it again which I'll probably do on Monday since I'll be staying after school and there's a Ross across the street from my school. I'm mad that I even have to do that.
In other news, I got my friend to teach me how to skateboard. My "father". He's gonna teach me on Monday but I didn't tell him that I have a meeting to go to before my "lessons". Meh. He'll wait. Anyway, I want to learn how to skateboard because I see all these dudes skateboarding on the University of Maryland and I get so jealous because skateboarding is so freakin' cool and I'd rather skateboard to the bus stop (or home) than walk. I mean, who wouldn't?
Which reminds me... Yesterday, when I was on my way to the internship with the two other girls, we mentioned taking scooters and riding those around campus. It's so dweeb-ish that it's awesome. I wanna do it so badly! It would just be funny having to carry a scooter to school and putting it in my locker. It's not as cool as carrying a skateboard. But still. That's like my mission before my internship ends. To either scooter or skateboard on campus.
So yeah... I'm sitting here at 1:35 AM. I have two tests and a quiz to study for tomorrow. And I'm here. Story of my life, isn't it?
Bye.

No comments:
Post a Comment