So the college kids next door are having some outdoor party and they didn't even invite me. I go to their school four out of the the five days in a school week and I ride your shuttle! I can't believe this.
And I remember that time I was walking home from school and one of them simply passed by me in his moped. Didn't even glance at me. What kind of neighborly behavior is that?
I was going to talk about a lot of things in my last post but I ended up ranting about my friend situation and being a horrible person. I'll update you on a little of what happened thus far.
She texted me this morning in response, saying that she has always ignored things and tried to forget about it. And finally, she was voicing out. She said she was afraid to send the texts. I was gonna ask her why but I realized it for myself after I had sent my response. Well, I actually didn't respond until night. And before that, she sent the text over again, just in case I didn't "see" it. With quotations. Basically, she's accusing me of ignoring her texts. So I kind of went on a slight rant, saying that I have never deliberately tried to ignore her texts. And I decided to be honest with her and I said will never be a good texter or a good phone caller, if that's what she wants me to be. But I admitted that I was a bad friend to her and I apologized, again.
Then she responded saying that it was fine. And asked how I was doing. And now she's acting like everything is okay and normal again. I was really tempted to ask if I could just take a day to cool off because it was just too awkward to just pretend everything was okay. But I decided to play the game along with her. And that's where I am at this point.
In other news, there's this drop dead gorgeous college guy that rides the shuttle I take to go to the university. I saw him once and of course, thought he was cute but didn't think anything of it because I was sure I'd never see him again. And then, he came on the next day and the next day. So now he is the boy candy that I look forward to every Tuesday to Friday since I get none of it at school. I only see him for like five minutes though because he gets on at the bus stop that's two stops from the one I get off at. And it's not like I get to just stare at his face either because that's not socially acceptable. So I probably only get to see his face for a total of 30 seconds. But that's good enough for me.
I watched Insidious: Chapter 2 yesterday.
My friend and I had been planning on going to the movies all week. And I told my parents I was going that morning and my sister was apparently going with her friends. But my mom got really annoyed by that and said she was going to drop her off. I was gonna get my friend to pick me up but since my mom had offered to drop her off, then I figured I may as well catch a ride. While I was on the bus, my dad texted me saying that I'd have to come home first. So I was thinking that both of my parents were gonna be home for whatever reason and one of them was going to drop both of us off.
With that in mind, I decided to take the regular metro bus home because the shuttle would get me home too late. I was at my internship and the movie started at 4:25 pm. It was 4:00 pm and I decided to buy a Subway sandwich beforehand, just in case I was a little late. I called my mom and she didn't answer. I called my dad, thinking he was at home, so that he could be ready by the time I got home and we'd just go straight out to the mall. But I was mortified to find out that my dad was still at work (and later, I found out my mother was too) and he sent the text that "I'd have to come home first", thinking that we'd just go to the movies another time.
I was supremely annoyed and I bought two Raspberry Cheesecake cookies to make me happy. I took two buses to get to the mall, I was lugging around a backpack, and I was already 10 minutes late for the movie. To make matters worst, a huge group of middle schoolers (the ones that my sister would've been with if my parents hadn't been so unreliable) were in front of me, taking up my precious time. There was this middle school Spanish couple that were in front of me and standing like five feet away from the rest of the line and they only moved up when I tried to cut in front of them for being so freakin' stupid. My friend came out to wait with me and we talked before I finally got my tickets and went into the theater.
Well, the movie kind of sucked to me. I don't think I've ever watched a scary movie before in a movie theater and this movie made me re-think ever doing so. All the scares were so predictable and cheap. The only "scary" thing about the movie were the random loud bursts of creepy music that made me jump. But that's the only reason why I jumped. However, my friend was next to me, screaming at every little thing.
I went on IMDB and saw that viewer ratings were relatively high at seven out of ten stars and I was really wondering if there was something wrong with me for not enjoying nor being afraid of this movie. But I saw critic reviews and started to find people that were kind of on the same page as me. I think this movie didn't faze me because I don't believe in spirits and chiz like that. When the ghost speaker guy came out with those dice, I wanted to hit the screen with my heavy backpack because it was just so dumb. Another thing that was so dumb was when the kid who could go into the spiritual world tried to go get his dad and used a can and string to find his way back. I just didn't get it.
My friend said that she wasn't scared at the moment but when she gets home and starts thinking about in the night in the dark, she was gonna be scared sh**less. I was thinking about it and I was like yeah, that's probably what's gonna happen to me but it didn't happen. Instead, I went to bed thinking about Troye Sivan. That's open for interpretation.
I liked being with my friends so I don't regret any moment of it. But I was a bit peeved that a police officer had came up to us in the theater and told us we needed to stop the miscellaneous talking. Actually, I wasn't peeved. I was embarrassed. My friend was the one who kept talking to me and loudly at that and I understood that it was totally rude but I didn't wanna be rude to her by telling her to shut the f*** up. I hate being that stereotypical teenager. I was reading boards on IMDB and there were a whole bunch of topics complaining about the rude teenagers in the movie theater. I was sure they were all talking about us. One even mentioned a police officer coming up to a group and telling them to be quiet. I'm 86% sure that they weren't all the same moviegoers at the same movie theater at the same time, talking about us but I still hate being a part of it.
So my parents are going to New York tomorrow and then my mother is going to Florida on Monday. Good luck to them, especially my mom. She's a geriatric nurse and she's a director so obviously, what better place to go to find good ideas for assisted living homes than Florida?!

No comments:
Post a Comment