Thursday, September 26, 2013

Late Night/Early Morning Struggles

I finally showed my dad my list of colleges:
  • Brown University
  • Columbia University
  • University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
  • Duke University
  • Boston University
  • Johns Hopkins University
  • University of Maryland
The bolded ones are the schools I actually had in mind for me. I really do not want to go to John Hopkins for undergraduate school. I don't mind going to Columbia but they don't seem to have the majors I want (neither does Brown but there's something about Brown that attracts me more). I don't know. I need to research even more.

ANYWAY, I finally showed him my list and he actually approved them all. I mean, not without going on Boston University though I'm not sure why he expressed a bit of dislike for it. He asked why I don't want to apply to the University of Virginia. Honestly, I don't know why. It's a good school and it's close to home. Actually, I do know why. I guess it's because I want to go to a school near a major city. But if I was to apply to University of Virginia, I would switch Johns Hopkins for University of Maryland. So that's another thing I need to think about.

But yeah. I'm glad he finally approved of the list so I can go on to start applications, knowing that he knows what he's paying for. 

The SAT Online Course is down which infuriates, considering that I have SAT next Saturday! The pressure is on. It is seriously on. I was going to practice essays instead but I realized that the Writing score isn't even considered in a lot of colleges so is that even logical? Maybe I should find websites where I can study vocabulary?

See, the problem is that I've been staying after at the library and when I get home, I lounge around instead of taking my much needed afternoon nap. And today, I decided to do my homework before I fell asleep but I ended up doing my homework and not studying and going to sleep. So here I am now, trying to study now. 

I won't write for too long because I want to get off by 3:15 AM. But today was a fairly pleasant day. I went to the Student Union with my friend and bought a McDonalds snack wrap and some small fries and a McDonalds Sweet Tea. It was the first time I've ever tried their Sweet Tea and it was actually very enjoyable. My friend and I sat outside their Psychology-Biology circle because we saw that they had chairs and tables, only to find out that the place wasn't actually for eating, but for studying. So it was kind of awkward but not too awkward.

We ended up staying out there for longer than expected and didn't get back to our building until about 11:20 even though we were dropped off early by a girl at 12:20. 

I'll leave it here. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment