Sunday, September 1, 2013

Merry Labor Day.

I had a lot of things to say that I didn't on Friday but didn't mention either on my last post because I thought it would be inappropriate. So I'll just finish off here.


Today I went for volunteer work at the Labor Day Festival. I had a pretty swell time. I decided to choose the busiest window because I actually like working. But it was actually not that bad being that it was a Sunday morning shift and the white people that make up the city were all at church.

Unfortunately, I seemed to be the one that got all the difficult customers. Almost everything that the coordinator had warned me about except for the counterfeit money. Luckily, I didn't get any counterfeit money because the amount of awkwardness involved to sort that out exceeds my limitations. But I did get people wanting to make change and I told them I couldn't and they got fussy. And I got one guy whose wristband was on so tight that it was cutting off his circulation and I had to deal with that. I also messed up three wristbands in the process. More than everyone else probably.

I really hope I didn't make any money mistakes because that would suck. Thankfully, the people I was working along with were really chill and I actually liked them. Probably didn't make any long-lasting bonds but at least I didn't feel like slitting anyone's throats. But all these people from school had came to the festival and everyone in the booth were shouting out to people that I didn't even talk to and I felt so left out of the whole Science and Tech crew. I was hoping one of my friends would pass along so I had someone to say hi to but nah... It happened once and it was just a kid I knew from back then that used to be in my brother's class.

Well, I left my shift with sweat in all the wrong places, a headache, a funnel cake, a free t-shirt and some free tickets that I'll probably not use. But honestly, I had a good time.

I'm listening to Gone! by the Cure. I heard it on the radio this morning and immediately recognized the singer's voice but thought the song sounded different from their other songs. I liked it. I did a quick lyric search on Google and found out that my speculations were correct. I'm annoyed that my Pandora never gave me this song to hear and instead, insisted on having me listening to Just Like Heaven every time I decided to listen to The Cure radio. It seems like the song isn't that popular which surprises me since I heard it on the radio and the radio isn't known for playing un-mainstream music. But then, I was listening to this obscure rock station which could explain why. I'm gonna start listening to that more.

So at school, we finally got our lockers. We got them on Thursday. Actually, we were supposed to get them on Wednesday, 8th period. That's what the principal had said that Wednesday morning. 8th period came and a lady came on the intercom saying that the lockers will not be issued due to "technical difficulties". Ha. Obviously, they woke up that morning and were not planning on issuing lockers that day. Those bigots.

But yeah, we got them on Thursday and I happened to get a locker in the coveted "Senior Cave". Well, I hate my locker.

First of all, the arrangement of the lockers completely blow my life. My locker is a part of a corner meaning that it will be completely impossible for the person with the locker next to me to go to the locker at the same time I do because our butts would be in complete contact with each other and no.

Second, when I was finally able to open my locker, I found a nice open can of Coke on the top. I didn't know it was opened at first so I looked at it confused, asking my friends if we're all getting a free can of soda with our locker. But that's when I actually reached for it and realized that it was half full. That blew my life.

There's actually really no point of me having a locker. I only have four classes. My locker is in the bottom floor and all except one of my classes are on the top floor. I have no idea when I'd have the time to even go to my locker. So I think I'll just carry all my stuff. I kind of wish I had a half locker like some unfortunate seniors had to get. I mean, I'm an intern. It's not like I need a full locker anyway. But whatever. I guess I'll work out the logistics later.

So there's this guy that I see EVERYWHERE at school. He's this Spanish kid with long hair. He's reasonably attractive but not really my type. I think the first time I saw him was this time my friend and I were waiting at the bus stop. I can't remember if it was before school started or after. But I remember a long-haired Spanish guy sitting and waiting at the bus stop and he kind of looks like the guy I keep seeing at school. I have a strong feeling it's the same guy.

But anyway, I see this guy in the hallways (I think we have the same routes or something). I see him at lunch because his table isn't too far from mines. I see him outside after school all the time. I just find it so weird. And I've made several awkward glances his way. Some eye-to-eye connections. At first, I thought it meant something. Like, God is trying to tell me something. Maybe this guy is like my soul mate.

But then, one time I was in the breakfast line and he was standing in front of me and I heard him speak. And he sounded straight up ghetto and that turned me completely off. So no.

I just wanted to mention it. :3

So tomorrow I may be going to training at the University of Maryland. Most likely actually. I wanted to get my hair done tomorrow but there's absolutely no chance of that happening. I could also go to the Labor Day festival and use up these free tickets. Training is probably more important and I should make a good impression on my mentor by going.

Meh. We'll see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment