Thursday, July 4, 2013

Oh Yeah... Happy Fourth of July.


I almost forgot (to care) that it was Independence Day until my mom and I went down to Takoma Park and saw the entire neighborhood outside doing stuff and celebrating.

At first, I thought it was just how the neighborhood. I was like, "Wow. People are pretty active in this place." Everyone was either playing Tennis or running or walking their dog. And then as we got further where all the small town shops were, there were just crowds of people walking around and hanging out on their patios. Everything was so cute and I actually felt like dressing up in some red, white, and blue summer clothes and hang out in the sun with the rest of them.

But we didn't. I had to get my hair done, my mom got her hair done, and now my sister's getting her hair done. There's where actually no time for fireworks and ice cream. I mean, it's not like we've been doing anything the past few years. But it starts to dawn on you that you're missing out when you actually see and witness people doing the things you're missing.

So I got my hair in what I think are Marley Twists. I'm not really sure. But they look good enough.

And I drove for the first time today. What. an. experience. All I did was back out of the driveway. Which is not easy. And then I drove up the street and turned. I didn't realize how sensitive the brake and accelerator were. I'm not as afraid of driving as I was before. But I'm still nervous. I really wanna get my hands on the wheel and just make it happen. I need to catch up with my fellow 16-year-olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment