I came home from a movie and dinner date with my friends at midnight. We got food from Royal Farms (an awesome, more posh but overly expensive 7-11) and watched Red 2.
When I got home, I went with my mom to CVS to get some cough drops for my grandmother and facial suncreen for myself. I didn't get to bed until 3 AM and I couldn't sleep at all. Note, I had to be at a community service project thing by 6:30 am, meaning that I had to start getting ready at 5 am, meaning I had to WAKE up at 5 am. So I only had two hours to sleep and that never happened. Also, my grandma went to the hospital too.
I tried music, hoping it would help me fall asleep. But I ended up lying down for an hour listening to music and then I just got up and started getting ready. Since, I decided to wear shorts, it was a mess trying to shave all the way to my thighs in a few minutes because I loitered for too long and wasted a lot of time doing nothing.
I guess I should say something about the community service project... I am required to complete two of those for National Honor's Society and I decided to jump on this one because I wanted to get them over with before college application season started. So this project was for the Merrel Down and Dirty Run. I had NEVER heard of it before until I signed up for it. It seems like fun. But I don't think I ever wanna go there ever again.
![]() |
| Didn't get to see this but maybe if I had, I would've had a better time. :I |
I mean... Except for it being hot, humid, and having tons of bugs fly to my face, it wasn't that bad. But it was utterly BORING. Not for the people participating, but for the people volunteering. In other words, me. It was boring for me. Because I swear, I have the worst luck yet. God just wants me to avoid contact with any cute boys PERIOD. There's really no explanation.
So I got there early and got a nice spot in registration before people actually start coming in to get registered. Then, this lady came asking for people to come help out at a different registration spot. Me, not knowing what I was getting myself into, decided to do it because why not.
Well, I ended up with the registration for children. I spent most of the time leaning on a table with my hands folded, trying to cover my humongous sweat stains, waiting for people to come by the table to register for their children. Whereas, the place where I orginally was had storms of people, the adults and teens, getting registered for races and runs and stuff. Athletic hot people... Just saying.
I was just getting the 30-year-old moms or the occasional dad with their tired-eyed, comatosed children. I was happy when I could finally get out of there and get to another station and oh my gosh... I think it was even worse. I was at this station called Operation Gratitude where people could donate, buy raffle tickets, and write letters to the military. There were some merchandise and prizes but everything was a big rip-off in my eyes. I didn't really do much. I let the old man leading the station do all the talking... and singing.
There were, I'll say, three good things about that station though. First, I was in the SHADE. Second, I had a better view than the one I had before. Third, my eye caught a bit of candy. ;)
He was a teenage kid, kind of skater looking. To me, he looked complete lost. He was wearing a tank top, jeans, and nice shoes so obviously, he was not competing. Of course, I had to glance at him any chance I got but then he disappeared with some moms. Out of my sight. And then I was bored again. It's not like I had a chance. I KNEW I was looking like a hot mess with my sweaty, acne face, chubby cheeks, and thunder thighs. Plus, I had to fix my hair in the car so I didn't get a look at it. It looked disgusting when I got home.
But later on, I saw him carrying his mother's huge bag. It was light blue and looked like a diaper bag and I thought he looked so adorable. I made eye contact with him but that was because I was staring. But I'm never gonna see him again so it's okay.
Anyway... After selling raffle tickets in the hot sun, I was ready to get out of there as soon as possible. It was supposed to end at 1:30 pm but I think I left a little after 12 PM. And I was glad. I was not having fun and I was so bored. But I did meet a bunch of friendly people, I liked seeing all the little kiddies faces, and I feel glad that I helped the troops. Well, I do now. But I was definitely not having that warm fuzzy fee;ing when I left that place.
Also, I hadn't slept for 24 hours and I had only had a fourth of a muffin and a granola bar that day.
So the next and maybe last community service project I'll have to do is this Labor Day one and now I'm questioning whether I actually want to do it or not. I hope to God that isn't as hot as it was before and that I actually get to do work. But I am looking forward to volunteering at freshmen orientation!
Tomorrow, I'm going to the University of Maryland for an interview at the Speech and Hearing Program that I mentioned before. I am hoping that I do better than I did at the last internship interview. It's sad that I didn't even get a response from them saying that I didn't get in. That's what upsets me the most.
I guess I'm gonna practice some good answers and I also need to find out what to wear. I have a black blazer and I have a white blouse that I bought. I can wear that with my khaki skinny jeans and ballet flats and I think I'll look decent. I don't want to look too dressed up but I'm definitely not coming in with sneakers and jeans (which is probably why I didn't get the other internship :/).
I may also wear a dress but I don't know if I have a dress that's nice enough for an internship but not too formal. Meh, I'll figure it out eventually, right?
My brain is going crazy so I can't type anymore. I feel like taking a shower... So yeah.
I'm hoping to God I do well. I really need that internship!

No comments:
Post a Comment