I've never been much of a movie watcher but seriously, I've watched a total of 5 movies this summer. That's probably a record!
I had to... well, I didn't have to... But I decided to go to school today (or yesterday) to pay for my cap and gown, thinking that we were gonna have it fitted. But it ended up just being us paying, getting a receipt, and leaving. A 10-minute ordeal worth a little over $3.00 in transportation... Amazing.
My friend and I decided to go to the movies since it was $5 Tuesday and we went and watched Grown Ups 2. I knew my siblings wanted to wath it really badly but I kind of just did it anyway and then they were all mad at me. But whatever, they'll get over it.
I didn't care to watch the movie that much but it ended up being pretty funny. I'm more for action movies, I think. But comedies are a close second. Honestly, those are the only movies I've watched at a theater except for a few exceptions. So maybe I'm a bit biased. But I'll be going with the same friend to watch The Conjuring, an actual scary movie. I'm actually apprehensive about it because of the demonic nature of the movie and it's against my faith. I don't even know what the movie is about. Maybe I should just skip out on it.
I thought it was funny that the movie ticket guy TOTALLY butchered our tickets though. He gave us tickets to the Fruitvale Station. First of all, how does Fruitvale sound ANYTHING like Grown Ups 2. And how the heck did he give us tickets to an R-Rated movie without asking for our ID. We didn't even know we got the wrong tickets until we went up to the ticket collector (who happened to be riding the bus we took earlier that afternoon), and he said we were extra early. And it turns out that we got tickets to the 3:10 showing of Fruitvale Station... -_-
My friend and I were happy that we were upgraded from freshman to older than 18! When we went to Georgetown, a bunch of teenagers asked if we were freshmen so we were (at least I was) bummed about that. But then, later, after the movie, a guy at this store actually realized we were seniors in high school. So yeah... I just don't understand.
After I got home, I ended up going straight to church with my brothers and my mom for vacation bible school. It was pretty sad because only three kids were there, two of them being siblings, none of them actually going to our church. In fact, most of the people there were volunteers. That's what I was doing it for. Volunteering. But there were only three little kids and very well-behaved. The volunteer to kid ratio was out of wack. But whatevs. I get those last volunteering hours!
Then, I'm gonna also work tech at church now becaue apparently, the people there aren't doing a very good job at the moment. I'll just have to wake up early and get ready. Then, have my dad drop me off at church. I feel good being able to do it and I have more good things to put on my application!
I went to bed earlier but woke up and now I'm here, typing this. Tomorrow (or today), I'm supposed to go to work with my mom to do some more volunteering work.
So this post was kind of boring but whateverr. Bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment