Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Talia Joy.


I don't think I've ever mentioned this before but for the last two weeks (or maybe just a week), I've been closely following Talia Joy as she was essentially on her death bed. I fond out about her awhile ago back when everyone else did. The girl with cancer that made makeup videos! What an inspiration! I'm not a huge fan of sap so I didn't really follow for too long but I'm not saying this in a mean way at all. I respected her and watched a few of her videos but that's about it.

But of course, I'm such a morbid person. It's really bad actually. But I found out she wasn't doing well from the posts I was seeing on Instagram so I went over to GuruGossip where they had the 411 on everything. At first, I thought I was too late. She was in terrible condition, her father had posted a sad Facebook post, her family signed some DNR thing, and the posts on GuruGossip made it seem that she was about to die any hour. And well, she didn't.

If I remember correctly, it was like a Friday. She didn't die Saturday. She didn't die Sunday. And then all of a sudden, it seemed like she was doing better. She went from bulgy eye and throwing up bile to being able to talk and post pictures on Instagram. I followed GuruGossip through the whole ordeal. Apparently, this was normal of people who were dying. For weeks, they're in this terrible condition and then they get this sudden burst of energy. It is such a weird phenomenon. It happened with my uncle now that I'm thinking of it. He called my father a few days before he died and he seemed to be so healthy, according to my dad. And then next thing he knew, he had died from a heart attack.

As apprehensive I can be sometimes, I still do believe in miracles and I did have some hope. I knew better but I was genuinely happy that she was given a few more days of life. And then, there was all this controversy on her forum about her family making money of her death, photographs of her, and the sketchiness of her condition. Blah blah blah. Stuff I actually do not care about.

And then all of a sudden, she died. I'm trying to say this in the least creepy way as I possibly can but... that's all I was waiting for.

I'm not one to publicly express my condolences. Her family doesn't know me and I doubt they'll even see my condolences anyway. But I think about her and feel sorrow for her family and isn't that enough? I don't have a problem with people who post their "RIP Talia Joy"s on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and whatever. But I don't see why I should. No one needs to know that I'm thinking of her and I don't see the point.

But since this is my "journal". These are my thoughts. And this is what I use my "journal" for.

So I didn't expect her to die. It seems like the ones in the public always (okay, most of the time) get lucky. They always seem to get a few more months more than everyone else. They get to survive. All because they're in the public. And there's obviously logical reasoning for it. Like the money from the publicity gives them money for medication and blah blah blah.

Ha. I don't know where I'm going with this.

The girl has the same birthday as me. I'll wear a pretty blue fish on my birthday right on my wrist. Not for anyone but myself.

This post will be too long to mention my visit to George Washington University so I'll leave it here.

R.I.P. Talia Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment