Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
I'm not really good at answering personal questions like these. I usually have NO idea. I think the person I'm gonna use is Jesus.
I'd put a picture but I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure there were no cameras back in Jesus' day so there really isn't any picture of him. And I don't think it's that very respectful to claim a picture looks like Jesus because what do we know? So here's a picture of the Bible.
What if Jesus doesn't even have long brown hair and white skin? If you ask me, I kinda envision him looking kinda Middle-Eastern looking. It only makes sense, right? Meh. What do I know?
Although my mind is very... doubtful, I still believe that Jesus has had a big impact on me. And I'm gonna still continue to call myself a Christian. A Christian in the making, I guess.
I don't know about you but dying for a bunch of ungrateful monsters is freakin' heroic if you ask me. I was watching the History Channel one time and they were explaining how much pain Jesus must have felt when he was about to be hung on the cross.
Yeah, everyone knows how gruesome his death was. We know he was stones and nails were driven into his hands and everything but sometimes, you don't really go into the detail and actually put yourself fully in his place. The historians talked about when you're hung on the cross by nails, you're not really supporting yourself because your feet are nailed too. You have to put all your weight on one side of your body whether it's your hands or your ankles. So it's VERY uncomfortable. No matter which way you hold yourself, it is gonna HURT. I don't know how to explain it well.
And it impacts me and makes me wanna cry kinda because Jesus is powerful and he could've struck them all down with lightning if he wanted to. And think about all of those people who are suffering today. They're just measly humans. We feel pain to the max. Jesus is strong. Yes, he had to have been pain but since he's Jesus, it's like, NOTHING to him. When Jesus died, he arose again. Humans can't do that because we're not powerful.
So yeah... That's it. Sorry about my stupid post yesterday. I was in a hurry and I hadn't taken my afternoon nap.
Let me just let you guys catch up on my life. Yesterday, I won my first and last tennis game of the season. Yeah, the season is over. I'm gonna miss tennis. Though I still think we have practice. We're just not playing any games anymore. Although it was only an exhibition game, I'm still proud of myself. But I totally sucked on the field. I got better towards the end. If it weren't for my team mate, we probably would've lost.
I don't know why but when I play a real game, I get so nervous and everything I learned is out the door. But my serving was a million times better. Probably because it was still light outside. Idk. Did I tell you we were playing Washington again? Every time we play Washington, we finish early. That tells you something. But our team did way better this time than last time since everyone was just playing for fun. In fact, our first womens singles player was NOT our first womens singles player. Everyone decided they just wanted to something new for the last game of the season.
I'm glad we won though. It was one set. 6-4. :D

No comments:
Post a Comment